How long is the Camino de Santiago?
Topic of discussion today as we are clearly half way, but
don't know exactly when it happened 😆
Five different books, five different distances. Road signs
much higher and much lower at various places along the route. Book distance
seem to be from edge of town to edge of town, not center to center. There have
been three alternative routes already. I have been taking off the road
routes.
Adding up my Fitbit mileage is higher than books, but
includes wandering around towns, going back to stores or bars and finding those
stores and bars in the first place😂
We are over half way to Santiago !
It happened sometime between yesterday afternoon and this
afternoon.
We are two or three days from Leon depending on ambition. It
would require two 39K days. That's a hump!
I have decided that I will get a private hotel in
Leon. I will turn up the heat and I will be naked and warm for 24 hours
or more!
Buen Camino
------------------------
YaYa's
I have met two groups of Ya Ya's on the trail.
Four women, 55 to 65 from Western Spain doing their annual 1
week section hike. They have done all the sections before and each year pick
another section for a week on the trail.
Five women from France, similar ages, this will be their
fourth one week section hike. Next year they will finish. They also did a part
in France, so they need five weeks to make all the mileage.
Love
---------------------------
Bedroll and Notes
------------------------------------------------------
Bedroll and Notes
Well, I have gotten well attached to my bedroll. Some nights
just using as blanket, some nights snuggled down inside. I have used no
blankets. Bill shipped his bedroll ahead about 10 days ago. He says that
one night he wished he had it. Had to get 2 blankets and wear clothes in liner.
So, it's a crap shoot about the weather ahead and the Albergue practices. Heat,
no heat, open windows, etc. I am thinking Margaret should dump air
pillow, drop bag liner, bring only sleep sack(55 degree) and pillow case.
Three socks- only 2 for hiking, 1 lighter for flip-flop
casual.
Two socks liners
Flip-flops, as in $1.99 Walmart
style
Two healthy (not heavy) grocery bags. I am using plastic but
have torn a couple.
Bring blue soap,,, for me too. I am using stuff I don't care
for at moment.
At least 3 green pookie smalls.
Oh yeah,,, and 4 pouches of tobacco. Have rationed to make
it to Sarria☺
Everything else staying same as list.
I will be shipping coat, bag liner and pillow forward to
Santiago now that I have windbreaker.
A hospitalero gave me a Camino t-shirt for helping him
unload his car at door. Now I have a pillow-case😃
One more thing before going to bed
Scratchy throat subsided, nose draining water.
Dosing Vitamin C
Gargling salt water
Hitting Vitamin "I" daily.
Very popular out here. Called Ibuprofen at home !!!!!
Almost,,,,,,, pulled a blister today on that long hot hump.
Treated hot spot with green pookie. Will know for sure tomorrow.
Good night
---------------------
Spanish Humor - Water Supply

No comments:
Post a Comment