Not much, more "Hobbit houses", starting to get a
little elevation, like Hill country.
32,544 steps, 14.9 miles, 65 flights
Could have gone further, but staging next few days is funky
and this stop was fine. Too far for a reasonable stretch up. So,
OK with taking an easy day.
Bill's feet are a mess.
Met Bret from Sugarland, Texas. He started a week and a half
ago in Burgos, has tendonitis in Achilles, only making 10K to 12 K days.
We are mixing with lots of people from various start times
and start places now. "Feel" is changing. Not bad, just changing. Air
also little cooler today with cloud cover.
Lots more peregrino's this morning! Got busy at some
intersections. Bailed off on the rural alternative route and have only seen a few
people. Saw Noah, he was at party last night, said they continued until 3am.
Some folks won't be doing many miles today. I didn't go to party. Got a call
just before midnight telling me I should come to dance. I was already asleep in
my room and declined 😎 The 3 drinks I
did have yesterday added up to 21 Mississippi's, so I was fine with sleeping.
The Leon cathedral was taller, but not as impressive as
Burgos. It had a lot more stained glass, which didn't photograph very well.
They didn't have a peregrino discount, but they did have a senior discount for
65. Best I could understand the Spanish and they understood English,, I
qualified. Streets were full of people last night. The square at Cathedral had
to have 2000 milling around all the bars, into the street. Streets in all
directions were full. Actually a task getting back to room.


No comments:
Post a Comment