Saturday, April 14, 2018

Back to Gear



Notes for Margaret and Larry, but good if you are considering hiking long distances.

I have "needed" bedroll once. If you decide to bring bedroll, you certainly don't need a liner. Bill sent bedroll ahead and had to request extra blanket once.

Have used inflatable pillow once. Bring pillow case.

Gloves,,,, damn these are trouble. They need to be light, but waterproof. My new ones got soaked and cold, but at least easy to remove and put back on. Perfect would be liners with thin waterproof shell.  Can't find them here😏

Jacket,,, still looking for wind/rain jacket. Again,,,, my coat is too hot.

Otherwise my gear list is still good. Ran though all equipment this morning and there is no excess or deficiency.

Bring more green pookie and lotion. 
I have an excess of tape. 

I have developed a "click" in my left shoe. Something is broken inside the sole. Maybe the stone guard.  I have tried everything over 3 days and the problem is inside the sole. Not hurting my foot, just the noise is aggravating as hell. If you get a chance, you might ask REI/ Altra if there is any help.

Have come to "agreement" with my poncho,,, we are good now😙

Kuhl pants are fantastic! Love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment