Friday, April 13, 2018

Day 10

Great Night....

Slept fantasitic in 800 year old church... With heat!!?

Chillin....
Nice stop.  

Dos Coca-Cola con Ron

After yesterday, taking an easy day today. Found a nice Albergue with heat, hot water and fill laundry. Gonna call it an early day and splurge a little. Had thought about stretching today so I could stretch into the Burgos tomorrow. Looked at weather forecast and profile and decided, NOT.
32,600 steps, 15 miles, 101 flights
Today's hike was through a new valley, all hay production, kinda close to a major highway. Hayfields, haystacks and more hay. Boring. Everybody solo-ing now. Spent some time playing with my harmonica. Just "zoning".
Yesterday was a beast. Between weather and distance and not paying attention to food and hydration, I was a zombie. Then that ridiculously cold Privada and I escaped to the church. The hospitalera's there saved me 😊
It occurred to me today that I have been hiking for 10 days and have not seen a single "wild" animal, other than birds. No rabbits,squirrels, deer, snakes or anything. Haven't even seen any tracks. Started paying attention to roadway and there wasn't even any road-kill.  Where is the "wildlife"?

Anyway, I'm laying on a lounge chair in the sun and soaking it up! Supposed to rain again tomorrow, so I'm going to "bank" some nice weather.

Buen Camino


Darn it,,, missed 30k average
Just did the math. If I had gone one more town I would have hit 300 kilometers in 10 days.  Or 30k average.
I am now at 184 miles.  
18.4 mile average ain't bad for a flatlander in the hills😈

Buen Camino !!!

Day 10, Not Much for Pics





1 comment: