Thursday, April 12, 2018

Gear Again


I changed my mind about the blue soap. It kills scents and doesn't suds too much. Getting rid of suds from clothes when the cold only wash water is about 40 degrees is tough on hands😁



Margaret, get Scotchguard.  

Poncho needs thorough coating. It sheds water OK, but after hours of touching against your clothes and skin it's like an old tent, the water comes through. Also Scotchguard the zip-off portion of pants and the sleeves of jacket.



The stretchy, glove liners don't cut it! I said earlier they were warm enough, but that was before wet AND windy. Find something that will windbreak and/or shed water. Light. They are 40 to 60 euros here,,, I will survive until I get to ferreteria in small town.



I saw the Altus rain jacket in a store in Viana. It was 45 euros and quite heavy. I passed.  After second hour in blowing rain I was wondering if I made wrong decision. Then I pinned the damn snaps together on the poncho, pulled my hands inside and continued on. Snaps won't hold and strap wrapped around causes bagging. It was ok, just no poles.,



Again, buff is very useful.

Pillow case is a must have.

Bedroll still looks like a drop item. We'll see if situation remains same across the way.



Money is gear😎 Don't bring much cash. I have to much and exchange rate is horrible at banks. The banks rape you on exchange. Nobody takes dollars, very few  take credit cards. Cash is king on the Camino. Better to get euros from ATM, although not real smooth.



Later

No comments:

Post a Comment