Monday, April 16, 2018

Gear - American thru-hikers😎


So, I walked into this little town and a 28-ish French man comes over to talk. He says "I see you have a Z-pack multi,,, can I look at it?".  Of course,,,. Then I find out he works in a sporting store in France. He raves over Z-pack and explains the American thru-hiker supplies are admired in France but very expensive and hard to get. Then he sees my shoes and exclaims Ahhh, Altra! those are so hard to get in Europe. He asked what they cost in America and when I told him $130 dollars he quickly converted to euros and explained OMG, those are 300+ euros in France.  Then he said the thru-hikers in US have such great long distance hiking equipment, like Z-pack and Kuhl pants.  I said " like these" and he literally kneeled down to look at my pants.  He said you have all the serious stuff for only the Camino, it must be so easy😂😂😂. I laughed and we laughed together for a while.

Buen Camino

1 comment:

  1. Roberto knows gear.

    Sounds like you are getting your stride.

    Looking forward to seeing your mileage on the flat land.

    Hope the scratchy throat goes away.

    Onward!

    ReplyDelete